It’s gone midnight and I find myself sitting in my living room, rocking the pram with my foot and humming a lullaby. Little baby M refused to sleep earlier so I put him in aforementioned pram and went for a seemingly never-ending walk around the flat. Singing lullabies. Oh yes. Mary Poppins pales in comparison to me.
We have very old wooden floorboards in the flat and boy are they noisy. Apparently little baby M didn’t mind though and was fast asleep within 20 odd minutes. But now this mummy is wide awake and so I find myself tinkering with my blog at this ungodly hour.
So. Almond butter. Super creamy, amazingly yummy almond butter. I chuck tons of it in the husband’s smoothies – I believe I mentioned before that he has a mega-stoked metabolism and never puts on weight regardless. Needless to say I am well jel.
Almonds are nutrient powerhouses. They contain… oops, little M seems to have a bad dream and is now wailing at the top of his lungs. More about almonds when he has been successfully soothed!
- 500g almonds
- a pinch of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Roast the nuts for 10-15 mins and let them cool down to room temperature
- Put them into a good food processor or a Thermomix and blitz for 1 minute at maximum capacity to a fine flour
- Churn for another 15 minutes at medium speed until a creamy paste has formed
- If you like your nut butter smoother mix blend for another minute at full speed
- Add the salt and continue churning for a minute
- Pour into a sterilised jar, allow to cool and keep in the fridge